Pascal Behrenbruch/german decathletes

1 2 
1-20 / 33
Latest post: Christoph, May 09, 2012
Viewed 6962 times
Posted: Apr 22, 2009
Hello Folks

I think you all know where the wc takes place this year.

Yeah, of course in good old Germany

But what about german decthletes?

I am a big fan of Pascal Behrenbruch

I follow his career since 2006 and it makes me cry that he is every year the number 4 in Germany and just the best 3 go to the wc...

its damn unfair but i also think Pascal has got the biggest potential of all german decathletes.

If he stays healthy this year he could reach 8500 points, or better say he could win a medal....

What is your opinion?

Are there any other german decathletes who could win a medal (if Bryan Clay wants to concentrate on his world record try in Talence

best wishes

Dackfield
Dackfield, do you know where is the first start in this season? I wish good luck to Pascal!

http://www.decathlon2000.com/eng/athletes.php/?art...

Hey Janek

I think he will start his season in Götzis ..but i am not quite sure.

But i know every german decathlete will start in Ratingen plus Mikk Pahapill, your new national star
Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Hey,

true - especially last year it was really bad luck for him, when he couldn't finish in Ratingen. So he really deserves to go to the WC this year. Although I probably think so for every athlete

Still - I personally hope Andre Niklaus will make it to the WC. It's his hometown and I'm sure he has been working to that event for some time.

But in general it's great for German athletics to have so many potential participants for the WC. A couple of years back there was only one guy who would qualify at all.

As for potential medal winners - I'm not really sure. The US guys are certainly really strong - and also Maurice Smith and Leonel Suarez. Not to mention Karpov and Krauchanka.. but everything's possible on a good day (or rather two perfect days) - I'm certainly looking forward to it

best wishes!

Jessica

PS anybody knows of any certain participants for Götzis this year???
Posted: Apr 23, 2009
Hey Jessica

On the Götzis-page, they promise Mikk Pahapill will participate but i guess you also know the götzis hp very well

Concerning the potential medal candidates, i think Smith and Karpov have reached their barriers..

Suarez and Krauchanka seems much stronger in my eyes.

Kasayanov, the new star next to Pahapill...

There are so many medal candiates.

I also hope for Andre, to be one of the three german guys who go to the WC...

But what about Andre's potential?

I think Pascal and Norman have a much stronger potential´

But i agree, Andre, Norman and Pascal will be the three for Germany

best wishes

Dackfield
Posted: Apr 27, 2009
hey,

right - that's what I read too. I also discovered on his website that Romain Barras will be starting his season in Götzis. And I suppose most of the German athletes will also come, to get ready for Ratingen.

As for Niklaus' potential: I also have to admit that maybe he doesn't have the best chances. The "young Germans" definitely have more potential - you are also forgetting Michael Schrader who did really well last year - let's see if he has improved over the witner.

It's really, really difficult I think to make predictions for this year. Apart from Clay maybe (who is definitely the favorite) - there are many athletes who can score close to 8500. You just have to get two perfect days and you get all the chances
Posted: May 03, 2009
Hey Jessica

Schrader was ill this winter

Abele was injured after Bejing and he doesnt join the Antibes-Team this year...(www.zehnkampfteam.de)

What do you expect of Lars Albert in this year?

Will he reach the 8000 Points?

It gonna be serious in a few days....Dezenzano will come xD
Posted: May 10, 2009
Hi!

I've just found this about Pascal Behrenbruch on leichtathletik.de:

http://www.leichtathletik.de/index.php/?NavID=1&Si...

100 Meter (11,11 sec)

400 Meter (49,79 sec)

Diskuswurf (51,31 m)

Should be a new PB in Discus Throw ...(?)

Posted: May 14, 2009
A little bit more about some German athletes (what I've got from several sources):

Andre Niklaus has tested DT (45,67m) and SP (14,58m)

http://www.leichtathletik.de/index.php/?NavID=1&Si...

Next weekend (16./17.05.):

Jedermann-Zehnkampf, where Andre Niklaus and Norman Müller will compete. I don't know, if they will do all events though.

http://www.10-kampf-meeting-berlin.de

The following weekend (23./24.05.):

Junior-meeting, where Knobel, Prey and Freimuth will compete. But there are also Stefan Drews and Christopher Hallman on the entry list.

http://www.lg-filder.de/junioren_mehrkampfmeeting....

Does anyone know anything new about Dennis Leyckes?

Posted: May 15, 2009
Leyckes wanted to participate at Dezenzano but he was not on the run...

Since 2006 he is injured, like Drews

Maybe they could become a surprise in 2009
Posted: May 17, 2009
Hi!

There is another 8000 athlete from Germany:

Moritz Cleve with 8004 points at the Big 12 Conference Championships:

10,75 – 7,31 – 14,34 – 1,95 – 48,39

14,28 – 41,04 – 4,35 – 56,11 – 4:24,44

According to his homepage an improvement by 613 points!

http://www.moritzcleve.de/index_de.html

Posted: May 27, 2009
Hi!

Drews finished the decathlon in Bernhausen with 7726 points.

Unfortunately Hallmann had to pull out after LJ. Does anybody know anything about his injury?

Posted: May 31, 2009
Pascal Behrenbruch finished the decathlon in Götzis at the third position.

With a normal high jump he won the competition...

But congratulation to Michael Schrader, fantastic one!

Also Norman Müller finished with a new PB!

Berlin 2009!

A medal ist not just a dream!
Posted: June 02, 2009
Great competition by the Germans in Götzis

Schrader got his ticket for Berlin, I can't imagine that three others (the winner, who is seeded plus two) might get more points than 8522 in Ratingen.

Even Behrenbruch has very good chances, but it's gonna be close if the conditions are good. I hope for him he will not miss the WC again by six points...

e.g.

1st Niklaus 8450

2nd Abele or Müller 8380

Who ever will qualify - a great team for Berlin with three guys who can make more than 8300 points!

Posted: June 05, 2009
Great performance of all Germans in Götzis (maybe except for Jacob Minah - 8000 would have been possible at least).

For Behrenbruch there is even more in it - on the first day he was running below his possibilities. So I hope he can do even better either in Ratingen or even better in Berlin. And Schrader was amazing of course - 7 PBs is just great (even though I hate the local newspaper here already suspecting some kind of drugs involved...)

I also think Schrader and Behrenbruch have their tickets for Berlin. For the third place it will be close between Niklaus - Müller - Abele (though I don't know whether he is fit again..).

I just think you shouldn't expect too much for the WC. It's still almost 3 months until then and it's really difficult to keep this shape over such a long time. So I don't really expect anything like a medal (especially because a couple of athletes like Clay, Karpov or Krauchanka are still to compete and I think Hardee and Sebrle also can improve) - but I'd love to be surprised.
Posted: June 05, 2009
I don't really expect a medal at the WC too, since I can't imagine Schrader can improve further, like Busemann did in 1996.

Though a great team (I remember some years ago, when we did not have 3 qualified athletes).

Maybe more 8000ers or at least 7900ers than ever this year?

Behrenbruch could do better in 400m and even more in HJ (maybe sometimes in LJ), but 110m Hurdles, PV and JT wre PBs, so I have him around 8400.

In my opinion there is a huge gap between Clay (usually, but is he in shape?) and the rest, then Kravchenko - and there are some others (Suarez, Smith, Kasyanov). We will discus this in August or at least after the US champs and Kladno
Posted: June 09, 2009
Arthur Abele unfortunately out of WC :-(

http://s211425623.online.de/arthurabele/index.php/...

Posted: June 10, 2009
And also Niklaus cannot compete this summer :-(

Posted: June 10, 2009
That is really hard for the german decathlon team but i think we have other athletes who can compete very well

Müller, Behrenbruch and Schrader - the three for Berlin

I hope that they stay healthy and fit...
Posted: June 13, 2009
that was really bad news about Abele and Niklaus.

But I think the Germans will still have a really strong decathlon squad in Berlin.

Probably it would have been difficult for both Abele and Niklaus to get into the team. Schraders and Behrenbruchs score were really good already and I believe Norman Müller could improve further.

Now I really hope they stay fit until August!!

1 2 
1-20 / 33
Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)