quadrathlon tests

Latest post: Gabbar, July 02, 2010
Viewed 2067 times
Posted: Apr 15, 2010
Anyone have any of these marks (standing long jump, 30 meter sprint, vertical jump or overhead throw) for any of the great decathletes?

I'd be interested in other marks - bench press, squat, clean, etc. as well

i am pretty sure tom pappas has his marks on his old website and they were something crazy but i have never seen other marks from other decathletes and i would like to know as well!
20.48 ohb, 3.40 slj, 10.31 stj,
Well only a week after the USA Championships I decided to take part in the University of Arizona NFL Pro Day. I took part in the 40meter dash (4.54secs), vertical jump (36inches), broad jump (10’ 9), 3 cone drill (7.22secs), 20 meter shuffle (4.50secs), and ran routes as a wide receiver. The cone drills and shuffle gave me a little trouble. Overall I felt I did really good and ran some good routes as a receiver.

http://www.jakearnold.com/blog.html
I failed to mention that was Jake Arnold above. Anyone else have some marks to share? Good post, BJ!
http://web.me.com/boylinator/DecaTom.Com/Stats.html

This site says Pappas has the world record in the quadrathlon at 369. Does anyone have any better marks?
Posted: June 20, 2010
I've never heard of this before today. A "world record" is great, but how many people have ever done it?
Posted: July 02, 2010
Just tried this in the backyard with my 16 yr old son. He did the jumps barefoot starting and landing on grass. Don't know how that compares to the way you're supposed to do it, but I measured very precisely (I'm an engineer). It was the first time he's tried these things. The long jump was fairly straight forward, but the 3-jump took some testing to see if he should max out on the first jump or try to keep momentum like a triple jump.

He did the throw using a 16 lb shot; is that right? Again, his first time throwing so it took some getting used to.

We didn't do the 30m run. We'll try that some time.

He did:

LJ: 9'3" (2.82m)

3jump 26'11" (8.20m)

throw 41' (12.5m)

Nowhere near those guys listed, but probably not bad for a kid.

We'll try it every so often and see if he improves.

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)