Women's Heptathlon Macrocicles. Your opinion?

Latest post: wermouth, Feb 05, 2012
Viewed 4955 times
Posted: July 12, 2011
Hello there.
For the past 3 years I'm working as a coach and train kinds in Track and Field.

In my hands now there is a girl 14 years old who I think has the potential of being quite good.
The Internet doesn't seem to be friendly yet for Combine Events Coaches. Not many articles on specific training construction. So i thought of coming here and ask for your help.
I want to see her succeed and not burn her down.

1st Can you give your constructive criticism on my training mecocicles?

2nd Can you post YOUR mecocycle structure. Only the view of how you put the components in your week can be very helpful. If you want to keep yours away from public eyes, I would love to get it in my e-mail at least.

3rd Since she is still 14 (born 1997), she still has 1 year where she will compete in Pentathlon (80m hurdles, LJ, SP, JV, 600m). So for this year, should I start investing in the upcoming Heptathlon? My main question is, should I start introducing her to the 100m hurdles (they have 8.5m from hurdle to hurdle instead of current 8m) or do so later on? How often should I throw in runs for 200m and training blocks for High Jump?

My macrocicle

September – October -> General preparation with easy weight training, lots of running and games.

November -> Transition phase. Running drills, Medicine ball workout. Basic technique introduction in hurdles, long jump, throws. Interval runs. Olympic weight lifting techniques.

December and later on we begin the following mecocicles. 2 week based with 3rd week acting as a rest week.

Monday 1 – Hurdle drills, weight training, 20’ run. Tuesday 1 – Long Jump, Shot Put,. Wednesday 1 – 600m training, Core workout , Thursday 1 – REST, Friday 1 – Javelin, Weight training. Saturday 1 – Hurdles, Pleometrics, Shot Put. Sunday 1 – REST.

Monday 2 – Long Jump, weight training, 20’ run. Tuesday 2 – Hurdles, Javelin. Wednesday 2 – 600m training, core workout. Thursday 2 – REST. Friday 2 – Shot Put, weight training. Saturday 2 – Long Jump, Javelin, Pleometrics.

Monday 3 – Shot put, weight training. Tuesday 3 – High Jump, Interval. Wednesday 3 – little hurdles work, 200m training. Thursday 3 – REST. Friday 3 – 600m training. Saturday 3 – Hurdles, Javelin.
IP: 79.129.1...
Posted: Feb 05, 2012
Hi
From my experience you have to be careful with ratio of intensity to recovery.
In my opinion whenever you are doing high stress exercises such as sprint, long jump, hurdles, speed endurance, plyometric, power med throws, weights (high CNS stress required 48h of recovery), on one day then on the alternative day you should do tempo or in your place 600m prep, core work, neuromuscular work with low intensity (muscular stress require 24h of recovery). Also how 20’ of run after run works for you? What’s the purpose of it? Plyometric would fit well in between weights or after.
IP: 93.97.7...

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)