I broke national junior record!

Latest post: Mihail Dudas, Aug 28, 2008
Viewed 3901 times
Posted: July 19, 2008
First I can guess that after you read this, you will laugh to my record and the previous record , but remember that it's very very veryyyy difficult to progress in a country that spend nothing on sports(I mean NOTHING). but I work to progress and become as much as strong as I can. I just broke the national junior record of decathlon last week

9.74 (don't look at me like that, my weight is just 63kg)

1.83 (my PB is 1.90)

35.84 (I don't know how to throw better HELP)

I finish my one year hard workin whit 6312 points and broke the previous national record (6056) in 19 years old.

someone tell me, am i potential? or this is not so important to break a crazy record? if somebody have an idea to help me know myself better, plz say.

oh I bet you have guess where am I from! yes......

from iran

thanks, soroush
Posted: July 26, 2008
Hi Soroush,

What a lovely surprise to meet someone from such an exotic country. Congratulations on breaking the national record!

There's a lot you could improve, and I personally think there's a potential for 8000 , so a real potential to compete in World Championships and Olympic Games one fine day. You are 19, this means you have time. If you currently have no real support, and your result is 6300 , this means you are a hard working guy, so once you get the ideal conditions to train, you quickly see the score skyrocketing.

At the moment, I think most problematic areas are javelin and pole vault. You should find someone who has intermediate javelin training skills. With a basic/mediocre training you should be able to throw 50 meters after one year, which is 200 for your score. You are now at 6500p.

Pole vault is an (score) expensive event. Do you have an experienced trainer for this event? Here's the same story - with a special and knowledge wise training you should achieve 4.30-4.40 in one year. Lightweight body is rather a big plus here at start. So here's a quick 200 points potential. You are now at 6700 points.

Of course the shot put is another big issue. If you look at your weight (I'm 63kg too by the way so I know it exactly ), then you might want to train hard, but do not overdo it. The weight comes as the years come. Look at young top decathletes, they are not as muscular as the older ones. So you need patience and you have to train wisely here. I think if you are 66kg next year you are able for 11.5m in shot put. Here's 100 points potential. You are at 6800 points now - the 7000 is not far!

Long jump also has some real potential, as you seem to be fast guy.

So to summarize, I think you have some real potential!

Just keep up the good work, and if you have time, please share the results with us also! You can see more than 100 people have already clicked at your topic, so the world of decathlon already know about you! And what a great pleasure would it be to see you in the next olympic games with competing with the toughest guys from all over the world! It's not impossible at all
Posted: Aug 28, 2008
Man,

Bravo for your record, It is difficult to just finish a decathlon so...don't worry.

About spending any money or else for decathlon, at the start you don't need it.

I didn't had anything for the begining and after 2 years they put in my trainings something...my coaches had a big battle for me, and we made it.

I broke the nacional junior this year too))))

100m - 11.03

Long jump - 7.17m

shot put- 14.50m

high jump- 193 (PB is 2.00)

400m 48.66sec

Hurdles - 14,83

Discus - 43,31

Polevault - 4.30

Javelin - 51.31

1500m - 4.42.00

7663pt.

So my advise for you is this: EAT MORE, AND IMPROVE IN YOUR THROWINGS

That will bring you more, and more points...

And, you can learn it all at youtube...If you don't have anybody to show you that...just watch and learn)))

Mihail

Bye

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)