Competitions

Latest post: Richard Hunter, Apr 24, 2007
Viewed 2529 times
Posted: Mar 05, 2007
Hi, I am trying to find information about competitions that I could enter abroad. I am from England and every competition I went to last year had heavy rain. If anybody knows of competitions that take competitors in an open category please let me know. I have been looking at Slovenia, but any country with better weather than here e.g. Spain, Italy, France etc etc would be great.
Posted: Mar 06, 2007
Hi, my name is Federico and this year organize in Italy the fisrt international doubledecathlon at my home, Lodi, near Milano.

In Italy weather is very good!

If you want to compete in italy see here:

http://doubledecathlonlodi.interfree.it

or send me an email

doubledecathlonlodi@interfree.it

bye bye Federico
Would you consider coming all the way to New Zealand?

We would love you and anyone else to come compete here.
Hey there

you may try to enter some minor meetings in Germany as well as there will be for example in Ratingen 16.6/17.6.07 or maybe you could tryand enter in Arles/F 2.6./3.6.07 or Desenzano/I 5.5./6.5.07 weather is normally very good at these sites though Ratingen usually has a limit, but it's worth trying I think.Another possibility would be to enter the Jugend-Mehrkampf-Cup which will take place in Bernhausen. an excellent site in Germany near Stuttgart on 19.05/20.05.07 where they normally have an actives group to compete as well.

For contact see below if you wish to try and entere that last mentioned German meeting.

Manfred Mamontow

Referatsleiter

Tel. 49 61 51 / 77 08-47

Manfred.Mamontow@leichtathletik.de

Best wishes and good luck

J. Daniel Goedicke

Hello from the sunny Spain.

There are some Decathlons around here, give two more days and I´ll inform the dates and which of them are Open.

Keep training, keep healthy
Thankyou for your reply, I was really looking for a single decathlon, if you know of any maybe you could let me know. Goodluck with your double decathlon.

Thanks again, Sam.
Hi, I would like nothing more than to come to New Zealand but unfortunately on small student earnings it makes it impossible. Thanks for your reply.
Hi, finding out about Decathlons in Spain would be fantastic, I'll look forward to finding out. Thanks. Sam
I understand the problem, as organiser of Hexham, this year the event was on 2-3 Sept. and the worst weather possible!

believe it or not, its not always raining in England, if you can wait a few more years - global warning will mean we could have great weather! Just keep burning those fossel fuels

Hexham Meeting 2007 is on 22-22 July this year and we are due a heat wave

check out the blue skies on the picture!

www.hexham-meeting.org
Posted: Mar 07, 2007
At little closer to home (so no sun guaranteed) you can try the the Dutch nationals (may) or the international competition in Woerden (august).

Good luck
Hi there Bishop,

South Africa offers outstanding weather conditions for athletes to both train and compete in especially in the north, Gauteng, Rustenburg, Potchefstroom area (our athletic season is primarily over the spring and summer months September to April which sees our national championships being held) and several overseas athletes visit here to take advantage of these conditions. Unfortunately prowess in the decathlon event in the country is lacking so it is a somewhat of neglected event in our athletics program

Regards

Dudley
Hello

I hope that I can help you, but first of all I want to know

your best performance in decathlon.

Maybe you can come to Holland the end of August.

A lot of athletes from Great Britain comes to Holland

like Julie Hollman, Andrew East, Kevin Sempres, Adrian Hemery.

Greetings Tom

Posted: Mar 08, 2007
To date my best performance is only 6614.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007
Hoping for better weather this year Bishop!

21-22 July at Hexham

Hope to get the second LJ pit put in in time

Richard

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)