If you could pick one event other than the multi-event discipline to excel at, what would it be?

Latest post: Jorgos Georgoudis, Dec 29, 2007
Viewed 3686 times
Posted: Aug 17, 2006
if you could pick one event other than the multi-event discipline to excel at, what would it be?

personally, i'd go with the pole vault. it's one of the only sports where the comradery exceeds the competition. at least here in america, you find that everyone is friends and the environment is that of a guys night on the town, minus the drinking. plus i think it's the most physically and mentally demanding of all disciplines, sans decathlon.
Posted: Aug 25, 2006
First, I'd like to congradulate you on a fantastic season Trey!

If I were to do only one event, I agree with you, it would be the PV. The atmosphere is very similar to the dec...plus, some of those guys are missing a few screws...I like that
Posted: Dec 29, 2006
well without actually having performed in an official decathlon(waiting for outdoor), i would pick up either discus or jav. I just have something for the throws, most ppl just think throwers are giant masses of muscle that just throw, but all the lil technical crap that goes in it i would say overpowers teh strength portion. you know its a confidence killer when some skinny twirp launches the disc further than all the bigger guys. Makes it fun to learn the throws
Posted: Feb 22, 2007
well sprinters egos are way to big so that takes away the 100, 400, and the 110 hurdles.

1500 guys are way to small and i just don't like that event enough.

javelin would tear my body apart if i did it to much.

long jump guys are a lot like sprinters.

shot put is just not my forte

high jump guys are to skinny as well

so if i had to choose it would be either the pole vault or discus and between those 2 i would choose the discus just because i love the intensity,
Posted: Dec 29, 2007
I have already chosen the discus.I compete in veterans now and I think this is the event with less injuries

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)