Long term event training

Latest post: wermouth, Aug 13, 2012
Viewed 1601 times
Posted: Aug 10, 2012
I am a 17 year old decathlete. I stand at 6' 4" and 195 lbs. I have only done one decathlon and my score was below average. My state decathlon championships don't take place until June so I have some time between now and then to step up my training. I wanted to know if anybody had any suggestions for long term training on each event in about a 9 month period. My multis coach knows the hurdles and throws extremely well and also has decent knowledge of the 400, 1500 and 100. My jumps coach is not present very often so my technique in the LJ and HJ is poor, although I have a broad jump of just over 10' and a decent vertical. I have a good PV coach and on a 3 step drag I can easily clear 9' 3". The throws are my strongest area. I have decent technique but am not very strong. In throwing, I am looking more for strengthening over technique, but technical help is always helpful. The events I need the most help in are 110m H, 400, and HJ. If anybody can give me workouts for any event I would be extremely grateful. Thank you!
IP: 70.30.5...
Posted: Aug 13, 2012
Parmvir Rai

I don’t get it what are you saying, you have said that your coach knows hurdles and throws extremely well but you still need a help with 110m hurdles and 400???
Why is that?

Add high jump drills after hurdles session in early season and start jumping in pre-season, the same with long jump after 100m session.

Split your season, prepare for indoors, then you’ll see what you have to improve for outdoors

And about workouts, go through the forum, you can find a lot of informations

Regards
Wermouth
IP: 149.241....

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)