How to be more professional and effective with training

Latest post: berserk17, Sep 02, 2010
Viewed 2731 times
Posted: July 29, 2010
I'm a fairly low level decathlete at the moment (~6000), with an aim of getting much better. I'm training 5-6 days per week. My training schedule is reasonably sound and recovery is plentiful. I'm investing a large amount of resource into my decathlon progress, so I want to make sure that I'm working as efficiently as possible.

I'm looking for suggestions about being more professional during training sessions to get more done, mindsets I should have, books I should read, expectations etc.

I've heard things about visualisation and meditation. Have you used this? Did you get much benefit? I've also been recommended that I start doing some coaching to get a better understanding of the events and watching videotape of my training to get a feeling for technique deficiencies.

Suggestions?
Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Hi one suggestion that i can give you is to create a little note divided in ten part.each part for one event.each time that you train, you can write what you have done right and what you have done wrong in the part of the note dedicated to that speciality.before you will do the next training in that speciality you can watch that part of the note for remember exatcly what you have to improve and what you have to concentrate on.which thing you don t have to do and what you have to do.It s simply to forget particular if you have to do 10 speciality and forget particular is a lost of time during training.

you can also write the 11 part of the book that is the mindset, you can write on it what you want to improve in your mindset and what is ok.During a decathlon is simply to be exalted after a good performance and one moment after be "depressed" after a weak performance.When you write on the paper what you have to improve is more simply to work on it, becouse is like if you are making a contract with yourself.

i write somewhere to learn english, maybe is better if i would write another time:B

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)