Decathlon formula ...

Latest post: Oak O., Apr 16, 2008
Viewed 2961 times
Posted: Mar 28, 2008
Hi, all.

Those days I am trying to find out a new decathlon formula by myself while there is something i can not find out by myself.

Who can tell me history about the decathlon formula we used now and how does it come?

Tell me what do you think about the current formula?

Is it reasonable?

any drawback?
Posted: Apr 08, 2008
Welcome aboard Benben,

A good place to start with regards to the scoring tables for the decathlon would be Frank Zarnowski's book, surprisingly called the Decathlon. Also the iaaf.org used to post articles on the decathlon, with regards to progression and scoring table changes, training, etc, One of our forum members wrote an excellent paper on the development of the decathlon and posted it here I believe it was Philip Vassallo, also there was an article on wikipedia, but the writings of Gunthor et al. is also a good place to go. I hope this helped. If you can't find the articles from the iaaf.org site I will look in the boxes in the garage assuming no one threw them out.

Oak

Posted: Apr 10, 2008
Thank you so much,Oak

But till now I can not find the aricles from the iaaf.org which you mentioned. I will appriciate if you can help me find them and mail to me.My mail is h07yinli@du.se

Thank you again

Benben
Posted: Apr 16, 2008
Sorry Benben, I was away, I will look for the papers and send them your way if and when I find them.

Oak
Benben, I sent you an email, check your inbox.

Oak
I have got you mail!

Thank you again
No worries.

Oak

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)