Olympic Games London 2012

Latest post: wermouth, Aug 18, 2012
Viewed 6123 times
Posted: Aug 08, 2012
Haven't seen an Olympic thread, so I put up this.

Participiants: 23 starters, creme de la creme.

Missing the games:
Qualified with A - Standard:
M.Pahapill 8397'2011
A.Drozdov 8334'2011
M.Smith 8214'11

Other active top arhletes, who for various reasons do not compete:
Bryan Clay (Olympic Champion 2008)
Andrei Krauchanka (Runner Up 2008 Olympics)
Romain Barras (European Champion 2010)
Michael Schrader (Götzis winner 2009)
Andre Niklaus (4th WC 2005, 5th WC 2007)
Andres Raja
Thomas van der Plaetsen
Arthur Abele

OK in about 11 minutes the competition will start, lets hope for good wheather1
IP: 31.18.7...
Weather looks stable.
How are they guys qualified with 8500+ pts doing?

Eaton (9039'12): great
Hardee (8689'11): very good
Behrenbruch (8558'12): OK
van Alphen (8519'12): in top form (pb long jump 7,64m +1,5)
Sintnicolas (8506'12): OK
Suarez (8501'11): surprisingly good (slow 100m, but pb long jump 7,52m +0,8)
Posts from the same IP: eierluke
Greetings:
Participiants: 33 starters no 23, now 31 completed.

Missing the games:
Qualified with A - Standard (other):
Larbi Bouraada ¿8332? 2012 and 8312 2011. Sanctioned for doping.

No more: Joaquín.
IP: 195.235....
Posted: Aug 09, 2012
Eaton on track for gold and Hardee should make the silver medal.
No surprise here.
van Alphen and Suarez are fighting for 3rd place and I expect the decision for bronze not until after the 1500m.
Damian Warner is making the decathlon of his life, he might end up 5th - wow!
6th to 8th place: Kasyanov, Freimuth and Behrenbruch (if he does not deliver in the discus big time now, he might not even reach the 8th place (considering his labil psyche)
Best chances to complete the top 10: Sviridov and Karpov.

Out of the group of favorites now: Sintnicolas.
Posted: Aug 09, 2012
Suares really wants to be at the big game - 76.98 at the first attempt at javelin.

I wonders about the reasons why Eaton did not even try 5.30 at pole vault? Having seen his motivation and power at multi event competitions, the reason must be serious. Of course the total is good enough for the gold medal.

Looking forward to what Hardee has got for the javelin.

Has been really a nice decathlon so far.
IP: 90.191.2...
Posted: Aug 10, 2012
Eaton's hamstring was bothering him a little bit, which is also why he took the 1500m fairly easily and didn't challenge Seberle's Olympic record.
IP: 107.0.8...
Posted: Aug 11, 2012
Legna, in terms of doping I distrust some athletes as well, but until we know something for sure, my approach is still the presumption of innocence.
I'd however suggest that on this side the results of those who were caught: William Motti, Stefan Schmid, Larbi Bouraada should get deleted out of their profiles (at least the doping PB results they put up)

I did not know about his hamstring, but when I watched the 1500m I have to give that I was very disappointed as well that Eaton did not try to break at least the Olympic Record
Posted: Aug 11, 2012
Re Eaton: Olympic decathlon isn't Eugene or Götzis where they do all for the athletes. (That's why Sebrle's OR is amazing in my opinion.)

Here you can read how aton felt during the competition....

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/london/tra...
IP: 83.189.7...
Posted: Aug 12, 2012
Legna,
Shouldn't make an assumption without knowing some FACTS first...Eaton did not continue in PV at 5.30 because of quad tightness that came on at the moment of his successful 5.20 clearance...therefore, same approach we took in 1500M...had to run this in full control so as to avoid any major problems...when an athlete enters the Olympic Games area, there is only one purpose...WIN...records, scores, etc are to be thrown out the door...GOLD was the mission for Eaton..he accomplished it
IP: 217.111....
Posted: Aug 13, 2012
Legna, I wouldn't be surprised if later on we'll find out that some athletes of our era were doping offenders?
But saying that they do it all???
Why in example does a guy like Bryan Clay lean himself so far out of the window that he more or less hates doping and never would do it himself ... . I mean he did not say that under pressure to say anything about?
Posted: Aug 13, 2012
Look Legna,

I think you have to cool down, because you are at national Level athlete (standards of national level athletes are different in different countries, Ger. USA, Ned of Fra you need to be 7800+ to be considered National Level Athlete, in other countries national level is 5200+) and from what you wrote above guys dope around you, IT DOESN’T MEAN THAT EVERYBODY DOES IT!!
I suggest more respect for hardworking, dedicated, athletes

Btw
Well said eierluke and Harry Marra regards Eaton, after Olympics he can say: mission accomplished

Regards
Wermouth
IP: 149.241....
Posted: Aug 15, 2012
“im in the busines for 12 years, i know a little info about how you do over 7000 points ok?”

I think you are just insulted my athletes I coach or used to coach,
Let me tell you few things,

I coached couple decathletes 2years ago for about 2years, 2 to 3 times a week, one of them with an elbow injury couldn’t throw javelin at all, did decathlon at the end of the season with javelin throw just over 42m and finished close to 7300points.

My youths running under 11s 100m, jumping 7.20 in long jump and 201 in high jump doing sessions 3/week and for that reason I know that 8000points is more than possible if you are doing things right and you have right abilities that’s end of it!!

So to be world level performer in your opinion you have to dope, so for results below which are world level results in your opinion you have to take stuff.
100 Metres 10.23sec, 200 Metres 20.13sec, 400 Metres 45.14sec, 110m Hurdles 13.12sec, High Jump 2.33m, Pole Vault 5.51m, Long Jump 8.25m, Triple Jump 16.89m, Shot Put 24.45m, Discus Throw 77.50m, Javelin Throw 89.34m
Would that be correct?

So let me tell you, that those results have been done by youths, U18 kids and for that reason I don’t believe that every one of them had an access to those type of money nor resources neither drugs.

Out there are some crazy individuals who can do crazy stuff at the competitions.
Also Octathlon Boys 6491, What’s your decathlon PR?

So, in my opinion there are two certain things in athletics if you are not getting desired results
1) Training/ plan is wrong
2) Lack of abilities, time to change your profession

Regards
wermouth
Posts from the same IP: wermouth
Posted: Aug 16, 2012
I don't have a clue who is involved and who isn't, but there is still Busemann.

Frank Busemann unfortunately did not live up to his (world record) talent due to injuries. Hid however created an offensive anti doping way: without having to do so he gave blood in a regular rhythm (not sure here but I remember that even a lawer had been involved in the process). Busemann thereafter let it freeze and at some point in the future it is up for research.

Busemann did not have to do so, but he wanted to set a sign this way!
Does anybody expect him to be a doper as well???
Posted: Aug 17, 2012
I know why you are upset,
I know what’s bother you,

Only because you have done your "best" and tried "hard", being I supposed way below 7000points, or actually below 6000points ( It’s not your fault), you think that there is no way that all those guys who achieved world level performances, achieved without dope.

Therefore we’ve got a problem, because I am not fine with it,

I guess your motto is:
“IF I CANNOT DO IT THEN NOBODY CAN DO IT”

One more time mate, it’s not your fault!
CVO

Regards
wermouth
Posts from the same IP: wermouth
Posted: Aug 18, 2012
I got it.

Lol, out of you, when you cannot run faster than 7.5sec 60m and jumping below 180 in high jump and scoring under 5300points and talking about dope Lol even more

The whole problem of drugs comes from people like you leaving in cookoo/ lala land thinking that dope possibly resolve all the problems.

UNDERACHIEVER who cannot leave with himself, knowing, that maybe Darts would be a better sport option, thinking that getting 7000+ points must be done with dope Lol. RIDICULUS

“(its fine with me and the majority)... “ I guess that’s refers to you (in your head) and majority in your 5 by 5m gym ha ha

You almost got my motto right ''IF I IMAGINE THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE OK, THEN I WILL TRY TO DO MY BEST TO SECURE OK'' Wow you were really close.

Let me emphasize for the last time that all those results 100 Metres 10.23sec, 200 Metres 20.13sec, 400 Metres 45.14sec, 110m Hurdles 13.12sec, High Jump 2.33m, Pole Vault 5.51m, Long Jump 8.25m, Triple Jump 16.89m, Shot Put 24.45m, Discus Throw 77.50m, Javelin Throw 89.34m has been done by U18 kids and therefore I don’t believe that they were/ are drugs offenders and for that reason I absolutely disagree with what’s ethos says

what about previous post by eierluke

Posted: Aug 16, 2012 02:01
"I don't have a clue who is involved and who isn't, but there is still Busemann.

Frank Busemann unfortunately did not live up to his (world record) talent due to injuries. Hid however created an offensive anti doping way: without having to do so he gave blood in a regular rhythm (not sure here but I remember that even a lawer had been involved in the process). Busemann thereafter let it freeze and at some point in the future it is up for research.

Busemann did not have to do so, but he wanted to set a sign this way!
Does anybody expect him to be a doper as well???”

I guess Legna you are first one to think that BUSEMANN was hard core dope user

Regards
wermouth

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)