Andrei Krauchanka

Latest post: Christoph, June 23, 2007
Viewed 1494 times
Posted: Feb 05, 2005
Belarus’ Andrei Krauchanka set a fabulous championships and national junior record of 8126 points to clinch the decathlon world junior title in Grosseto 2004. In Reval Hotels Cup 2005 he made a shining new personal record in high jump (2.19m)! What he can to do in future? Becomes a superman?
Posted: Feb 06, 2005
good question, I guess he has to improve in throwing events if he wants to become the next 9000pointer man...but we know that in general high jump is better when athletes are younger so we don't know if he is still going to increase this event ...i hope so
anyway he has everything to be a BIG of decathlon
Posted: Feb 10, 2005
I think he has come a long way concidering he is just turning 19 this year. I think that the sky is the limit.
Posted: Feb 13, 2005
As I know he has the same coach as Dmitriy Karpov & it seems that they both have one problematic event - pole vault. But anyway his other events are very good. Will see how he will adjust to senoir decathlon.
Posted: Sep 13, 2005
I think there have been a couple of young athletes, aged 19 or 20, before, who scored over 8000 points at that age. and only few of them really managed to adjust to senior decathlon. but if he continues like he's doing right now, he might be one of the world's top 5 decathletes very soon.
Posted: Sep 03, 2006
I' m almost agree with Jessica, but I belive Krauchanka doesn't develop anymore. Too weak
Posted: June 23, 2007
Meanwhile he proved that he can become a very good decathlete and ca fight for the medals at international championships.

Of course he needs to repeat the perfromance from Götzis, but I thing he arrived at the mid-8000s.

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)