Blitz Decathalon

Latest post: Thomas66, Apr 07, 2007
Viewed 2437 times
Posted: Nov 09, 2006
Hi,

Greetings from Australia!

We are interested in conducting a blitz decathlon(one hour decathlon), but are unsure of how it works?

If anyone has any information on this or could direct us to a relevant website, it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Andrew
Posted: Dec 21, 2006
In one hour decathlon the decathlete has to finish all ten events in the correct order within an hour. The competition starts when the athlete starts the first running event and ends when he starts the last running event (the last event does not have to finish within the hour). According to the rules, the athlete does not finish the competition if he exceeds the time limit.

By the way - the first one hour Decathlon ever was done on the 18th of August 1980 by Georg Werthner (7202 points) and Johann Dullinger (5474points) in Linz, Austria!
Posted: Mar 06, 2007
Hi Andrew,

My name is Ben and I am also form Australia. You may be interested to know that we conducted a one hour decathlon a couple of years ago at the university of queensland track in Brisbane.

Best regards, Ben
Posted: Apr 07, 2007
Hi Andrew,

I used to really enjoy one-hour decs.

As I remember it, the 1500 was started exactly one hour after the 100 m (I remember one Athlete coming a little late, but the time was running, when he started his race. According to Janek he should have been disqualified - so I'm not sure about this).

It's most fun, if you build pairs of Athletes with similar profiles (they can stay together, but they don't have to). Key for the athletes is to be able to get easily from event to event in order to have enough time after the 400m. It's great if you offer a little cart for the athletes in order to change shoes while changing places.

You also should have a good speaker, if this is done well, you can create an amazing atmosphere during a one hour dec.

In the US, the switched the events around; I don`t believe, it helps much and it definitely tkes away from the nature of the decathlon.

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)