Weight Training

Latest post: Decathlete2000, June 19, 2015
Viewed 9938 times
Posted: June 08, 2011
Does anyone have a weight training program they could send me?
IP: 68.57.1...
Posted: June 14, 2011
What are your goals?

If you haven't determined them yet, maybe start off with things like push ups, pull ups, squats, crunches.
IP: 208.201....
Posted: June 14, 2011
Also this, http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/59/stabi.... It's for your hamstrings.
IP: 208.201....
Posts from the same IP: John Rapacciuolo
Posted: June 15, 2011
I have another question.

Does anybody know special tips for something to eat during the decathlon? i tried energy drinks and banana..

Thanks!
IP: 78.48.1...
Posted: July 29, 2011
Create your own training plan.
Simply choose 5-6 exercise....
http://www.muska-posla.com/velikabazavjezbi.htm
IP: 78.1.16...
Posted: Feb 01, 2012
I can tell you what my athletes are doing. That’s a plan only for primary lifts you can add 1 or 2 but low volume has to be maintain.
Weight room starts from adaptation for 4 weeks starting with technique of lifting.
After first test we are working with 70%+ of 1MR
Monday: Clean 3x5, dead lift 2x5, ½ squat 2x5
Tuesday: Bench press or military press 3x5, back pull over 3x10
Wednesday: Snatch 5x5,the rest like on mon
Thursday like Tuesday
Friday like Monday
In every session we throwing med balls from 20 to 300rep from 4 to 10kg throws and we are doing core work every day from 25reps of 5x5 on mon, wed, fri, with weights (timed) to 250rep 10x25 between tempo runs on tue and thur.
IP: 93.97.7...
Posted: Mar 03, 2015
Hi,
So what is the goal of weight training? We shouldnt ''just'' train pretty much each muscle group, lets say 3 times per week, full body workouts.

For e.g. Monday-Wednesday-Friday mornings Full Body weight training, 4 sets for each muscle group in a circuit fashion, with close to no rest between exercises and lets say between 4 to 12 reps.

And then in the afternoon/evening: tack + field training plus med ball throws and plyiometrics at the end of workout.

Here is my idea for full body workout:

Chest
Decline DB or BB: 5 x 5
Back
High Bench DB Rows(high-medium-low elbow) OR Seated Cable Rowing, with pulley's set wide....about three feet apart OR One Arm Seated Lat-Pull-Ins with Cable: 4 x 4- 12+

Quads
Squats OR Leg Extensions(lying best): 4 x 4- 12+
Hamstrings
Leg Curls(Seated or Lying): 4 x 4- 12+
Glutes
Glute Extensions on Multi-Hip Machine OR Semi-bent leg Deadlifts (flat back)
Calfs
Calf Raises(Seated or Standing): 4 x 15- 30
Tibial
Heel Flexions: 4 x 15- 30

Shoulders
Lying (elbows in) Front Presses on Flat Bench (for front deltoids) with BB or DB: 4 x 4- 12+
DB Laterals OR Standing One-Arm Side Cable Raise, with pulley set at the height of the hips: 4 x 4- 12+
Bent Over DB Laterals OR Cross-Cable Rear Deltoids Flyes: 4 x 4- 12+

Biceps
Standing Alternate Dumbbell Curls: 4 x 4- 12+
Triceps
Lying (on flat bench) Triceps Extensions with dumbbells or EZ Bar: 4 x 4- 12+

Traps
Shrugs(DB AND/ OR BB behind): 4 x 4- 12+
Neck
Front, Backwards, Right Side, Left Side: 1-1-1-1 x 4- 12+

Forearms
DB or BB flex: 4 x 4- 12+
DB or BB extension: 4 x 4- 12+

Abdominals: 4 x 4- 12+
Lower Back: 4 x 4- 12+

and then increase intensity of this program by increasing the weights, decrease/increase reps, increse/decrease rep speed etc.

Shouldnt we just increase the strength of each muscle as much as possible? It is necessary the snatch and cleans and heavy bench and squat?

What is your take folks??
IP: 176.254.1...
Posted: Apr 02, 2015
Well, I think the answer is what you are trying to do and where you are at the yearly cycle.
The priority always should be training for the events and if you are doing gym in the morning and then track in the afternoon/evening then you'll be flushed out of energy to have a high quality track session.
Gym session after the track or day before the track session but in the morning to have around 36 hours of recovery.
Option 1
Monday: track and gym after
Tuesday: tempo, circuits gymnastics
Wednesday, Friday like Monday. Thursday and Saturday like Tuesday.

Option 2
Monday PM track
Tuesday AM weights, PM tempo.
IP: 77.96.9...
I am dividing weights to to groups
1. Primary/ main lifts
2. Auxiliary lifts.

Main lifts: squat, deadlift, clean, bench, incline bench, shoulder press,
Auxiliary lifts: last, bench row, abs, military press, back hyperextension, Romanian deadlift, lunges, high step up, hip thrust and couple others.

The way I see it is that the weights program cannot lead be main part of the whole program. Strength program is there to facilitate the changes and provide good environment for other qualities to come up such as speed and power.

I wouldn't worry to much about bices in my opinion bices is one of few muscles we shouldn't worry about it at all.
Posts from the same IP: wermouth
One more thought.
The intensity of the program will be going up anyway because intensity of what is happening at the track, so if you are going to try to intensify two factors weights and track it might be too much to handle for your CNS.
Keep the weights stable, by changing the intensity during your speed sessions you'll get the desire effect.
In preecomp you can drop the number of sets keeping the intensity high to allow speed come up even more.
The speed of the weights which you are moving up and down it doesn't really matter, quality of the rep it is what really matters whether is in the gym or at the track.
Posted: Apr 16, 2015
@wermouth, how can I contact you?
IP: 90.204.2...
Posted: Apr 18, 2015
Wermouth@o2.pl
Posted: June 19, 2015
@wermouth, hi, i sent you an email on the 17th of June, you received it?
IP: 94.5.18...

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)