a new high-jump technique for multiventers too ?

Latest post: Sonnemann,Gunther, Dec 26, 2013
Viewed 6325 times
Posted: May 14, 2013
Multiventers are all around trained. Therefore their skills include various technical processes.
Now there is a suggestion for a new high-jump technique called rotary-jump.
Do all-around athletes have trouble dealing with the new technique?
Here you can find detailed introduction of the new technique :

http://www.leichtathletikimwandelmitnbl-site.de

and than "Anliegen" and I./H.

The rotary - jump basically combines the benificial startup of the flop-technique ( impulse curve ) and the type of crossbar crossing which was introduced by the US-American R.Avans in 1961.
Compared to the Fosbury-Flop, the new technique improves the prformance
by about 13 cm.

Gunther Sonnemann , Berlin
IP: 77.185.5...
Posted: May 15, 2013
Do you have an English translation? Or perhaps another link or video?

Thanks.
IP: 86.154....
Posted: May 15, 2013
Unfortunately , an English version of the text is not given yet.The video of R.Avant goes with me with strg. + enter . Try it, nevertheless,once again.
Greeting Gunther
IP: 77.186....
Posted: Sep 15, 2013
IP: 94.174.1...
Posted: Sep 15, 2013
There is one great thing about theory and creating new ideas
That you can prove everything in every condition, creating amazing formulas which most of the time won't translate into result and the guy who wrote it can say it was only hypothesis.
People used to experiment with straddle during take-off, free leg while swinging was bend in the knee, then start performing dive over the bar, wider run up which contributed to ever more vertical displacement of BCM (Body- Centre of Mass) and even more injuries. The last king of straddle took the technique and his body to the absolute limit (2.35 and multiple knee injuries and metatarsal fracture) even thou you can see that with the straddle your BCM is way higher than in the flop athletes and coaches decided to move away from the destructive technique
New technique?
On the paper looks great only whose body will be able to take such a stress, running with speed author suggested in the article and have a massive vertical body displacement?
I would love to see people running 7.75 m/sec, and jumping 13cm higher.
As for now, personally I think that we have to approach the subject as a theory only.
Posts from the same IP: wermouth
Posted: Sep 17, 2013
Should it not be worth an attempt to put down the negative points of the Flop and to use the positives ones ?
So :
1.) run-up impulse and jump direction agree
2.) Advantages of the run-up with impulse curve
IP: 77.12.12...
Posted: Sep 17, 2013
The strength level in flop is not as demanding as in other techniques therefore more suitable for female performances.
Speed on the run up is higher than in most of the techniques.
Injury level is also lower than in the most of the other techniques.
Quite easy to learn/ teach and good result/progress is achievable after couple years of training.
Posted: Sep 18, 2013
Because of the advantages in te technology and leap over the bar one can jump with the rotary-jump higher than with the Flop.
And at lower approach speed.
The technology looks bad to all jumping kinds with beginners.
Follow please:With the rotary-jump the centrifugal force the impulse curve arrives to the approach speed.
IP: 77.12.5...
Posted: Sep 19, 2013
I think that you are missing very important points of this discussion.
Through the history of high jump there were always athletes coming with new technique backing up with good results, eg, Dick Fosbury and then all the researches were involved to maximize the outcome of the high jump.
And never other way around

I don’t understand what you meant by “The technology looks bad to all jumping kinds with beginners”

You are talking about forces in the high jump,
I have got question for you, are the forces in high jump are greater when you are running 8m/sec on the curve with 5m radius or when you are running with the same speed on the 10m radius?
dear Wermouth,
According to my calculations the rotary-jump-jumper needs not 8,1 m/s start fast ( Flop),but only 7,1 m/s. Than he can jump a new WR.

Because : 1.) additional centrifugal force
2.) no impulse loss, because direction jump = direction run-up speed.
3.) better bar passage ( 0 cm )

It is fine in such a way, that more impruved technologies go out from theorists, than from the sportsmen themself. In spite of your exaple high jump.
I suggest only radius 10 m , because here load of the jumpers smaller.

Greeting Gunther.
IP: 77.12.1...
So you can clearly see that forces in 5m radius are way higher than in 10m.
And there are a lot of researches done about it. Everyone is trying minimize radius to maximize vertical displacement of BCM. But as you can clearly see there is a problem with 8m/sec and 5m radius.
There is no high jumper who can handle such a load and such a forces running on r=5m.
Also swing leg problem, with the Flop you are trying to maximize the vertical force using swing leg and at the same time unload your take off. Your swing leg should go constantly up and along the bar to stimulate positive hip displacement (stimulate the efficiency of the clearance) With the new technique the whole process is stopped and your (correct me if I am wrong) swing leg has to drop down with the knee going under the bar to allow hips/ belly clear the bar, because of that you are creating additional movement which makes the whole new technique more complex. If you are watching well executed high jump there is not much going on after take-off, athletes are just floating in the air clearing the bar especially female athletes.
Also why 47 degrees in your calculations? The average from every major championships is around 51 degrees.
Posted: Sep 21, 2013
dear wermouth,
My proposal for Rotary-jump are 10 m radius.
The calculations are to be read up on my webpage " http://www.nbl-methode sonnemann " in I,/H.
The jump corner arise from the information of Dr.W.Killing ( see spring proof ) With V= 7,75 m/s on of performance = 2,29 m.
I myself go out with the Rotary-jump from a jump corner 3 degrees greater than with the Flop.
Greetings Gunther
IP: 77.188.1...
Posted: Dec 26, 2013
an enlarged representation " rotary-jump " - technology into english is to be found in .
http://www.leichtathletikimwandelmitnbl-site.de/II... of.../C
IP: 77.186....

Your rights:
Viewing: allowed
Posting: denied (allowed for registered users only)